Moderator Control Panel ]

Wax V Sealant V Super sealants

Official website of Collinite Corporation-manufacturers of automotive, marine and industrial waxes since 1936. www.dmddetailing.com

Re: Wax V Sealant V Super sealants

Postby G3valeting » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:20 pm

I agree to some degree dennis in regards to durability,aesthetically wise i think a good carnauba wax has the edge although as we know certainly with the acrylic sealants like werkstatt carlack/klasse etc the gap has closed somewhat and you would in some instances struggle to to differentiate between the two.
certainly the durability of products like wolfs hard body,gtechniq c1,nanolex,cquartz etc has moved the game on with me being an avid fan of increased durability and lower maintenance for the customer.
i have alot of classic cars on the books but with those it's carnauba all the way and i will continue to use wax on cars such as bentley, astons and the like which are garaged and never do massive mileage but to be honest wax at least on the face of it seems to be a dying breed...
G3 Valeting
We are a Fully Insured Professional mobile Car Detailing and Mobile Car Valeting business operating throughout Dorset and surrounding areas.
Mitchell and King approved Detailers

Professional Car Detailing and Car Valeting in these areas-Dorchester-Yeovil-Sherborne-Shaftesbury-Salisbury-Bridport-Crewkerne-Blandford Forum-Middlemarsh-Wareham-Wimborne-Cerne abbas-Weymouth-Dorset-Devon-Cornwall
G3Valeting Twitter
G3Valeting facebook
G3Valeting Ukcvd
G3Valeting google + page
Classic Car Detailing
Convertible Roof Cleaning Services
G3valeting
UKDNV Supporter

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Shine My Ride » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:45 pm

Hmmm interesting one Dennis.

TBH many of my customers just want their cars looking good, so the choice is mine. I have found I'm going to a spray sealant mostly, for ease of use , gloss look and durability.

Super sealants have their place too, especially if someone doesn't want to mess around too much maintaining their vehicle.
Shine My Ride
UKDNV Supporter

Postby Spic & Spanners Valeting » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:29 am

For me I still like to use and have the option of all 3.

Most of the cars I look after are generally in good condition paint wise but there still times when I reach for a glaze and wax to hide some swirls. Megs 7 + megs 16 is one of the best combos for this and gives a really wet look due to the oily nature of the products.
However on most cars now I find myself reaching for the sealants.
Spic & Spanners Valeting
UKDNV Supporter

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby James » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:34 pm

for looks and duribality valuagar wax and sealent are very different
the wax is **** one week of shine
James

Postby PiP » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:15 am

Whilst the lines are blurring a bit, I feel that certain distinctions remain. The old wax and sealants are protection and enhancement product, the new 'super' sealants are more protection (and rely on the underlying surface having suitable appearance).

These days, a professional 'wax' is highly unlikely to be without sealant component. Wax in isolation simply cannot compete with the characteristics endowed by some of the recent technologies. Sealants are extremely 'tunable' products and we can make them look wax like by fiddling with the formulation, these days it seems that the tendency is to do just that whereas previously other considerations were key. Super sealants are a bit of a difficult area thanks to the marketeers. Some of those noted above as being 'super' are merely regular sealants tuned towards durability. This is also partly responsible for the impression that 'super' sealants are getting easier to apply. The reality is that super sealants are not getting easier to apply, just your average super sealant is nowhere near as super as the marketeers would have you believe. This is a bit of a shame because some of the superior products get overshadowed by much cheaper alternatives which are pumped with marketing testosterone.

In spite of the little rant, my favourite products are the advanced 'normal' sealants. It can give the appearance of wax without the hassle and limitation of durability, it can give much of the durability of a super sealant without the compromise on appearance and the extra difficulty of application. Yes, it won't last just as long as the latter, but most of us are enthusiasts... I find it hard to wash a car without wanting to add a quick layer of something new - so I don't really want something that lasts forever!
PiP

Postby G3valeting » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:48 am

As always mr pip very insightful thanks ...
G3 Valeting
We are a Fully Insured Professional mobile Car Detailing and Mobile Car Valeting business operating throughout Dorset and surrounding areas.
Mitchell and King approved Detailers

Professional Car Detailing and Car Valeting in these areas-Dorchester-Yeovil-Sherborne-Shaftesbury-Salisbury-Bridport-Crewkerne-Blandford Forum-Middlemarsh-Wareham-Wimborne-Cerne abbas-Weymouth-Dorset-Devon-Cornwall
G3Valeting Twitter
G3Valeting facebook
G3Valeting Ukcvd
G3Valeting google + page
Classic Car Detailing
Convertible Roof Cleaning Services
G3valeting
UKDNV Supporter

Postby Revival Detailing » Thu May 09, 2013 3:48 pm

I actually think all these products have their place. Like everything else in life people have different likes/needs and it's great we have such a vast choice of products to suit our customers individual requirements.
Car Detailing | Paint Correction | Swirl Mark Removal | Machine Polishing | New Car Protection | Ceramic Coatings | Ceramic Paint Protection
Revival Detailing

Postby GoodwinCarDetailing » Wed May 29, 2013 3:11 pm

I think it depends on the colour of the car. Some dark coloured cars just look so much better waxed. I prefer using both though best of both worlds
GoodwinCarDetailing
UKDNV Supporter

Postby LC Auto Clean » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:53 pm

I tend to use both sealants and wax at the same time! Sealants such as Jet Seal 109 have a durability of around 6 months. For example on a weekly customers vehicle the sealant is applied (two coats) then a wax is applied. I then wax the vehicle once a month and then every 6 months I strip back using Clay Bar and Lime Prime by hand then reapply the paint sealant and wax.

It's worked for me so far! I personally like to use the colour charged waxes like dodo Juice! Blue Velvet on a black car and Orange Crush on a red car for example leave a stunning finish!
LC Auto Clean Mobile Valeting - Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire & Bedfordshire

Dodo Authorised Detailer - Pro Valets Approved Detailer - Liquid Elements Stage 1 Licenced

Valeting at your home or place of work - Fully insured - Own on board power & water - Discounts for multiple vehicle valets

Mini to Full Valets - Interior Valet - Paint Enhancement & Correction - Engine Bay Valets - Odour Removal - Glass Treatment - New Car Protection

LC Auto Clean's Website

LC Auto Clean's Facebook Page

LC Auto Clean's Twitter Page

LC Auto Clean's Google + Page

LC Auto Clean's Photobucket Slide Show

UK Car Valeting Directory Pro Listing Pages - Milton Keynes - Buckinghamshire - Bletchley - Northampton - Bedfordshire - Northamptonshire

Pro Valets Approved - Northampton - Milton Keynes
LC Auto Clean
UKDNV Supporter

Postby DMD Detailing » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:30 pm

Ceramic coating option offers unrivalled depth of gloss and stunning looks to all painted surfaces. Superb water repellancy abilities and durability which will last up to 5 years plus depending on after care. Improved scratch resistance over standard paintwork finishes.

DMD Detailing offer the best Ceramic Coating protection for your vehicle which provides an additional barrier between the elements and your vehicle's paintwork. The paint will retain its colour and contaminants will be blocked out to keep the paint smooth and clean. Unlike waxes and other paint sealants that require frequent reapplication, Our product provides constant, unyielding protection for your vehicle's finish!
DMD Detailing

DMD Detailing - offer professional vehicle detailing services these include Paint Correction, KubeBond NanoX Ceramic Paint Protection, KubeBond Diamond 9H Ceramic Paint Protection, ECO Shield Ceramic Paint Protection, New Car Paint Protection Service, Ceramic Paint Protection.

Follow On Twitter @DMD_Detailing
Find us on Facebook
YouTube Channel
About Me Listing
Pinterest
Ceramic Coatings
DMD Mobile Car Mobile Services -Google +
UKDNV Member
Quantum Of Solace Aston Martin DBS
Ceramic Paint Protection
New Car Protection
Portfolio

DMD Detailing offer professional car detailing services these include New Car Protection Houston - New Car Protection Glasgow - New Car Protection Greenock - New Car Protection Inverclyde - New Car Protection Paisley - New Car Protection Renfrewshire - Car Detailing Renfrew - Car Detailing Glasgow - Car Detailing Greenock - Car Detailing Inverclyde - Car Detailing Paisley - Car Detailing Renfrewshire - Paint Correction Renfrew - Paint Correction Glasgow - Paint Correction Greenock - Paint Correction Inverclyde - Paint Correction Package - Paint Correction Paisley - Paint Correction Renfrewshire - Ceramic Paint Protection Renfrew - Ceramic Paint Protection Glasgow - Ceramic Paint Protection Greenock - Ceramic Paint Protection Inverclyde - Ceramic Paint Protection Package - Ceramic Paint Protection Paisley - Ceramic Paint Protection Renfrewshire - Ceramic Coating Renfrew - Ceramic Coating Glasgow - Ceramic Coating Greenock - Ceramic Coating Inverclyde - Ceramic Coating Package - Ceramic Coating Paisley - Ceramic Coating Renfrewshire
DMD Detailing
UKDNV Supporter

Location: DMD Detailing, 29 ALWYN AVENUE HOUSTON JOHNSTONE RENFREWSHIRE PA6 7LH UK
Blog: View Blog (16)

Next

Return to Car Waxes & Sealants